Jewel of S.Korea

Jewel of S.Korea

Friday, November 17, 2017

News : All eyes on 'My golden life' with 40% rating in this next 2 episodes

KBS strikes 
It's Up to 37.9%, This week's hoping for...

Channel diversification · Drama in the downward trend · 
'Highlands' is in the next two episodes



There is interest that KBS 2TV weekend' My Golden Life '(photo), 
which renewed its overall ratings this year, will mark the' 40% 
However as KBS has been suffering from a faltering strike for more than 
two months, the internal gaze that looks at the victory of 'My Golden Life' is divergent. 

The 22nd Episode viewership rate of 'My Golden Life' broadcasted on Nov12 
was 37.9% (Nielsen Korea nationwide). It rose 5.6 percentage points from the 21th 
viewership rate (32.3%). Considering this trend, it is predicting that 23 ~ 24 times 
will be exceeded 40% of audience rating this weekend. 

KBS 2TV weekend drama, which mainly deals with family stories, is a famous spot 
with an average audience rating of 25 ~ 30%. However, in the situation 
where the terrestrial TV viewing rate is downwardly normalized due to 
channel diversification, drama exceeding 40% of viewership has disappeared 
since KBS 2TV ' 'My father is strange' which was the previous work of
 'My life of gold' was only 36.5%. 

On the other hand, 'My Golden Life' exceeded the record of 'My father is strange' 
in 22dn episode. The audience rating of the weekend drama is usually higher than 40's, 
 the 'My Golden Life' is also loved by the younger generation because of the rise in 
the status of women in their twenties 40% threshold is all different reasons.

Seo Hyung-kyung, whose her drama " My daughter, Seo Young received 
the audience rating of nearly 50% in 2013, is also impressive. 
This writer is attracting viewers with unique development and various episodes. 
Actor, Park Si Hoo, who had a difficult time since the scandal, 
and actress Shin Hye Sun, who played the first heroine in this drama, 
also rose in popularity.

The success of 'My golden life ' is the slope of KBS, but there is also a glance inside 
to see uncomfortably. This is because the general strike of the union and 
the start of"My Golden Life" are strangely overlapping. 
The drama goes back to the outsourced production system, 
but the head office PD is participating in the production. 
A KBS official said, "Apart from the general strike, 
the performances of KBS drama such as 'My Golden Life,' 'Witch's Court' 
and 'Mad Dog' are excellent and the evaluation of the media 
and public opinion is the best this year. I do not think I can feel 
the aftermath of the strike." 

Ahn Jin-yong reporter realyong@munhwa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment