Jewel of S.Korea

Jewel of S.Korea

Friday, November 8, 2013

Interview : Japanese Magazine "Korean Entertainment Journal ( Kej ) in 2008 Part # 1

Translated by PuRMee

Title : I would like to add depth of time like wine. Park Si Hoo

Actor Park, Si-Hoo is a man that seldom changes easily. He is a man who is polite and still feels shy just like a new actor even now when he is so popular. His phone number is also the same for 10 years. His passion for acting is the same. When he was 20 years old, he suspended studying at a university and came to Seoul and had started to work as a member of playing team and since then, his passion for acting had never stopped or weakened. He never regrets to become an actor. With a strong confidence and faith to become an actor and to be recognized as an actor one day, he has been walking the path laid in front of him.



10 years of efforts of Park, Si-Hoo were demonstrated in ‘Let’s Marry’ as a cute man with less ages than a girl and also showed a fruit as a perfect second generation of rich person in a drama of ‘a Way to Meet a Perfect Neighbor.’ And his acting was fully blossomed through a role play of Si-Hoo in a drama, ‘Iljimae’ in which Lee, Joon-Ki was a hero of the movie.   

In the drama, ‘Iljimae,’ ‘Si-Hoo’ was a detective of Uigeum-Bu;義禁府 (an institute of punishing criminals by the order of King during a period Joseon;Korea) who tried hard to arrest a chivalrous robber of Iljimae (Lee, Joon-Ki) and he was a sad man who fell in love with the daughter, Eunchae (Han, Hyo-Ju) of his post father and he was also such a nice man who had risked his life to save Iljimae when he knew Iljimae was his adoptive brother. Park, Si-Hoo has made a role of ‘Si-Hoo,’ who changed from a bad role to a good role containing complicated feeling, as his own with tremendous hardships and efforts. He sweated with practices of martial art and voicing and had tried to pay attention to very minute feeling. Right after broadcasting, he was denunciated from enthusiastic fans only by the reason that he was an enemy of Iljimae but after several broadcasting of the serial drama, their criticism was changed to cheering and people’s interest and attention on actor, Park, Si-Hoo was increased together with the popularity of Si-Hoo in the drama. Park, Si-Hoo, who said he has acquired confidence which is more important than popularity through ‘Iljimae,’ plans to show more broad and excellent acting in his next works in a weekend drama of SBS, ‘An honor to my family.’ Park, Si-Hoo who said he would like to become a more excellent actor just like wine which gets deeper taste as time passes. We met this nice man in clear and early autumn season. 

****************



Q : Do you realize that your popularity has been increased after Iljimae as you are now invited to many events including fashion shows as well as request of filming CF and other dramas? 

A: Yes. I feel it really. I could not have a vacation after Iljimae as there were many other things. I first planned to have a vacation at the end of August but I have attended in a fashion show of Andre Kim. However, as I was in Bali for the fashion show and I could enjoy a little bit of vacances. (Laughter) In the past, I was appointed as ‘security advertisement ambassador’ of National Police Agency together with a singer, Bae, Seul-Ki. The Police Agency has contacted me as they saw me as a detective in the drama of Iljimae. 

Q : It is now one month has passed after the completion of Iljimae. How do you remember Ijimae? 

A: It was my first acting in historical drama and it was a new experience and concurrently was a momentum for me to change. I was very happy to be liked by so many enthusiastic fans by Iljimae even though I have received lots of love in other dramas I have worked for until now. More than anything else, I now have confidence as an actor. I was very worried at first but I could finish until the end and I have received lots of good evaluation. 

Q : You may have had to prepare lots of things including martial arts practice as it was your first role in historical dramas..

A: Before filming, I had to practice more than 4 hours of martial art and horse riding practices at an action school every day together with other colleague’s actors. I also had practiced my speaking tones a lot to meet the requirements of the role of Si-Hoo in the drama that has a rather loud and thick manly voice. In particular, I had to spend many hours to study and understand to be able to express complicated internal mind of Si-Hu. As the character of Si-Hoo in the drama was a very brusque and it may rather seem to be very monotone, I had to pay lots of attention to the minute details. 

Q : It was a drama with many famous scenes or conversation. Do you recall any famous scene or dialogue? 

A: I still remember most of scenes and it is difficult to select only one. In the last episode, the scene to cut the throat of teacher according to the teaching that ‘cut anyone who blocks your path regardless of friends, brothers, and even Buddha’ was especially impressive. Scene of lighting the road by arrow for Eunchae who was walking in a dark night or scene of cutting a finger on behalf of Eunchae was particularly come to my mind. 

Q : May be many female fans were impressed deeply by the scene of cutting your finger for Eunchae. (Laughter) In reality, is it possible for you to make such a sacrifice for your lover? 

A: I may not be able to stay still without doing anything regardless it is your lover, your younger brother when you see their fingers are cut. More over, I never had thought or even imagined that I had to cut their fingers by myself. I think other people will do the same..

Q : As you have lots of desires to accomplish and you may have many things that you regret..

A: Later parts of the drama, I had difficulties and even my acting expression did not work as I had wished. I was very tired traveling back and forth between Seoul and country side for filming and also we had filmed for about 4 episodes more and I wished that I could have more clear expression in story and feeling but I have more satisfaction and affections than regrets.

To be continued....

Credit : cafe.duam.net/pyungholove, thank you!
Credit : parksihoo.com, thank you!

4 comments:

  1. The moment I became fan of Si Hoo others have compared him with a good wine. Getting better over time aka getting more handsome while aging. Funny thing here is that Si Hoo said that he would be like wine which gets a deeper taste when time passes. He would like to become a more excellent actor.

    Thanks for sharing.^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont remember the exact time when i became PSH fans. Although one of my Hobby is to watch hollywood movies or Kdrama rather i never had this feeling of following a certain actor. I admire those who can act better but i used to forget them afterwards.

    Until i saw PSH, i saw him in an MV. OmyJ, i dont remember the title but that MV was a story of a woman who live inside the Shell...? Haha, Oppa was so young and a bit thin in that MV.

    I felt very much attached to him so i started to search the Net to get to know him better. Until I saw him in our National Television. "The Princess Man" was broadcasted here in the Philippines, and alas i was able to witness the extraordinary acting skill of sihoossi. And the Rest was history i just found myself,in the market looking for PSH dramas thru dvd and i started my first ever collection.

    I dont know what ive seen to you oppa, i never meet you in person but why i am so attached with you. That despite the circumstances happened i choosed to stay by your side.

    There were many famous K Artist in their 20's like my Age, but i choosed to be a fangirl of an actor 10years my senior. :) and im happy for that.

    I really wish to have more collection of Sihoossi, i almost complete my DVDs except CDDA still not available in our country. The last month one of my groupmate sent me a Banana milk inspired by TPM, and the other Day i recieved my first ever TOP magazine though i cant read the content because it was written in full japanese, i just enjoying myself looking those Gorgeous shots.

    Wishing for more, #Saranghae oppa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn : Thank you for your expression about Park Si Hoo & your story how you found him. Your history is our history true. Everyone have their own unique story about how we love Park Si Hoo & why it has to be him! How many times we keep asking ourselves why it must be him, Why ? Why ? I still asking myself the same question until now.

      I think it's a combination of both his great acting in his drama & his ownself that attract us. His 10 years of hardship was among of them that make us feel like we want to support him and see him reach to the place where he wants to be. And when we see him struggle for his life. Our love for him even go deeper than just between an actor & fans anymore! This experience only PSH & his fans will understand what we had gone through. It hurts, it's painful but it is like a big test for us to have a chance to see through what kind of person he is and how we really feel about him!

      Park Si Hoo's fans are in many different ages. The older ones love him dearly as brother, son, family and the younger ones admire him love him as a man who they know they can't find anyone can be as perfect as he is in real life but still look at him as their inspiration also. We, his fans can't denied that it doesn't matter who we are but his life taught us so much to look at ourselves and be happy just the way we are.

      He is just a special person and It doesn't matter how long distance we are between him & his fans around the world because our love for him are equal and he knows it!^^

      Take care, Jenn!^^

      Delete
  3. Thank You dear Nikki, You should take care also.

    ReplyDelete