Jewel of S.Korea

Jewel of S.Korea

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Interview : Sep '08 Men's Health : Style for Dandy Guy

* This interview was set on September 2008 by Men's Health magazine

Translated by Jinju/parksihoo.com, thank you!

* Thai translation : http://parksihoointhai.blogspot.com/2012/08/park-si-hoo-mens-health.html


Park Sihoo, How to be a 100% Pure Man





After the popularly-on-aired drama ‘Iljimae,’ Park Sihoo has his popularity being on the increase not less than Lee Jungi the nationwide actor.

Any who had at least enjoyed the drama would be hard to forget the looks of Park Sihoo the elegant young man who looks very nice in a Korean-old-styled bamboo hat and full-dress attire.




Considering his prince-like fine face, they might get impression he knows nothing of hardship at all, and yet what life he has led on was a succession of hardship and waiting.

Park Sihoo says, “My first beginning to be let known was a recent happening, while the time I actually began acting was over 10 years ago. It feels just like the other day when I went to and fro putting theatrical posters on walls. Unawares, I’ve got to right here. It had been a darkish future without promise, according to what came on me. Once I had started, I wanted to make sure of the end of it. It seems that I had stood it out tall with the resolution to someday be well done.”




The motive power behind his steadiness and patience is self-exercising. Alleged to have exercised one or two hours every daybreak, he has no exercise he is incapable of, like hapkido the self-defense martial arts, boxing, swimming, soccer, baseball and others.

Working out along with his younger brother ex-baseball-player, he is alleged to have built up his physical energy. His sense of body movement made the best manifestation especially in ‘Iljimae’ the drama that had extra-often occurrence of some hard relative-difficulty action and swordsmanship scenes.



Having caught two hares of both health and beauty through exercise, the man Park Sihoo’s well-proportioned charismatic carriage of his body hidden inbetween his age-younger-looking face seems to be evidence of the result that is from his endurance, steadiness and patience.

Park Sihoo says, “It seems that man’s style begins at a well-ironed white aloha shirt and blue jeans. If not ornate, you know, it looks nice and neat, right? That is the case with my style keyword, i.e. simple & dandy. I am fond of white, black and beige. I mostly wear clothes that are of simple design and of lively body line, irrespective of formal or casual. Having dress on as if plain, I should like to be a man who is full of charisma within there. You know whom, like the actor Edward Norton.”




Park Sihoo says, “Upon profession as an actor, I appear all dressed up more often than not on public occasions, while I rather adhere to having on comfortable clothes beyond plain at ordinary times. Because fond of working out, I hang about in training pants and a cotton tee-shirt most often. At times, I put on jeans and a tee-shirt. Here, I go to the extent of dressing a rider’s jacket on an occasion when I feel like preening myself. When I was young, I was once absorbed in the style of hip-hop. I guess it is the best looking if one applies to themselves free sentiments in the 20s and neat- and refined-ness in the 30s. Of course, it is needless to say that if one trims their figures in exercise, it would then have them look much smarter when they are in clothes.”



Park Sihoo says, “I am not fond of jewelry like finger ring and necklace, while I go a lot for fashion accessory items like shoes, cap, sunglasses and watch. As concerns cap, I’m inclined to buy and collect anything that suits my taste. As concerns shoes, I have a variety of ones like leather boots and classic shoes as well as sneakers that might suit my training pants. Since I dress simple, I make some point through accessories. However, as concerns the accessories in the same way as others, I like designs that may not be boring if long used rather than too loud or trendy style ones.”




Park Sihoo says, “I have been of more fair skin than others since young. I am thankful to God and my parents who bestowed a good skin on me. Meanwhile, I get a feeling that my skin isn’t as good as in former days, in proportion as I grow older and have more frequency of all-night shooting and makeup. Rather than applying various products on, I manage my skin through hot spa or half-body bath. I like spa as good as I choose to go even to Japan on a hot spa for a bathing trip. If taking a half-body bath, I feel as if my whole skin’s waste matter is all draining away. My habit of balanced eating, temperate drinking and no smoking seems also helpful to the skin.”



Park Sihoo says, “Part of the days without no shooting schedule, I frequent a workout or a late-night movie. After watching a movie with some reversal, the stress piled up within feels as if it has dissolved clean. Whenever I’d like to have a change of mind, I drive my car out. Driving in the feel against the wind one fine day after rain, it feels the best. In case of a man who likes some mild charisma, I guess he might look nice with dynamical- and tough-changing car, once it is on the lane, even though it appears classical like mans’in classical movie. For, a sedan thrillingly-scudding is associated with a man with Janus face, in my mind.”

credit : www.design.co.kr, thank you!

Credit : parksihoo.com, thank you!


3 comments:

  1. Loved to read this interview. Si Hoo is going for the long term...with everything in life.
    Thanks for sharing Nikki.^^

    ReplyDelete