Jewel of S.Korea

Jewel of S.Korea

Friday, October 25, 2013

Interview : Aug ' 08 Style H : A Special Meeting with the Actor Park

* This interview took place on August 2008 by magazine " Style H "

Translation by Jinju of parksihoo.com, thank you!

Link to Thai translation : http://parksihoointhai.blogspot.com/2012/08/psh-style-h-2008.html


A Special Meeting with the Actor Park Sihoo,
Park Sihoo has a treasure within.



Although he was a kind gaze, my first impression of him frankly was that he was so tired as I felt sorry to talk something a word to him. The moment when I was wondering to myself if an interview itself with Park Sihoo in this hot weather might be somewhat too excessive, he ran in front of a camera in an instant as if he restored his energy the next he swallowed water.

Although hectically beginning with a few alarm clocks and manager’s wakeup calls that help shed a little slumber, Park Sihoo is filled with an initiative that he should do his best in his heart overflowing with joy of all this opportunities given to himself.

“While in a drama shooting, everything goes in opposite direction. Day and night change is a matter of course. Sometimes, I am at a loss what I am doing. While in a drama, I cannot do anything else. Besides, when it comes to historical drama shooting like this time, there are times when I am confused whether I am at present or in the past,” which is the answer to the question of how the life of ‘Sihoo’ within the drama affected his daily living.

Park Sihoo is nice when he smiles. Soon after, a glimpse of disinterested expression on the face looks to reflect his real condition of himself. He also has somthing curious attraction coexisting of an innocent speaking as if ‘I know nothing’and a transcendentalist acquainted with all life’s bitterness and sweetness.

While the public was ardently concerned for the appearance of ‘Sihoo’ within the drama ‘Iljimae’ calling him a fresh discovery, yet the very related person Park Sihoo doesn’t look to go restless nor unstable at the unexpected popularity that came.



It is from the drama ‘How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor’ he played as the counterpart of Bae Duna that his real worth began to be manifest. For, through this drama, many people got to knowing of the fact that the near-nameless actor Park Sihoo was practically present in the world.

In fact, the days of being obscure was present to him too, as usually are other actor-living persons.

“When I assumed a mood of sadness for the first time, I got turned ghostly pale within the head because all the staff about tens aimed their eyes at only me. It was not easy to completely affect even the given character’s small changes of mood in front of people. By the time of now, may I say I’ve got some knack for it? It grows to have a little more leisure. The moment the director says ‘cut,’ I get to thinking that I’d like to return to the first part of the scene by being reminded of a regrettable part as well as in relief. Can I say I am a little more leisured? Still, it is not necessarily easy to let myself known in front of people.”

Saying that an upheaval has been looming deep within since long ago, he makes up his mind to be little by little honest toward himself, though apparently he is still ‘Park Sihoo’ who's kind-hearted.

“The image the public think is, of course, me myself. But that would be one among Park Sihoo’s numerous aspects. For, other than that, there are so many different aspects within me. However, in proportion as the aspect of an actor has grown bigger and bigger, the real self of my own has began to grow less and less. In a long term, this is not what it should be, I repeatedly think. I should like to lay bare my own honest mood and aspects, frankly, haha. Even so, it doesn’t mean that I should play the hypocrite.”



An actor should be sincere in daily life as well as acting. But, does that mean that the actor should lead a saint-like life? Yet, the world forces them to be moral and evaluates them by double-standard all the more for the very reason of their public character. But, knowing this harm that he might get from the public of anonymity, the actor Park Sihoo might be such a strong person.

And yet, don’t be deceived yourself by his thin gaze and mild smile, since he is, neither less nor more age, 30 years old. Having reached up here through obscurity in his own way, he bears a certain air of leisure coming from only a person who knows how to wait.

He says cautiously that now he feels he’s somewhat learnt how to deal with acting, now that he’s been running all forward only thinking he must do well and be perfect by all means in his 20s. It is that just doing haphazardly doesn’t pay off.

Now that he is of his own being ‘able to choose’ past the time of having to ‘be chosen,’ Park Sihoo, who realized the reason to live all the more because of acting despite it being hard, is a strong-willed actor recently rare who gains more energy in proportion as he gets tired. He keeps as open-minded as anybody toward his future.

“People would sometimes ask me what to choose and what to do in the future. Yet, there are nothing to be chosen. Except for doing my best, I have nothing definitely set yet. Everything is yet the beginning.”

The born actor Park Sihoo, who says he had to choose the life of an actor each time because of catharsis coming from living in place of somebody else’s life although every work is thought to be hard, he quite a lot takes after Treasure Island, which book is more interesting in proportion to its understanding. Now, we have only to wait what the ‘treasure’ is, which he’s hid behind.


http://www.parksihoo.com, thank you!
http://STYLE-H.com, thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Great ^^ Thank you for sharing Nikki...Wow!!!...you have Thai translation...^^ So cute nikki
    Hug, Hug, Hug to PSH...and Hug you too Yeh!!!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this interview in his early days from being an actor.
    He is so skilled and more confident now. Park Si Hoo has definitely grown a lot.^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We learn something about him and ourselves in there too. That's why his story is such a inspiration story for his fans. Just like : " If PSH can do it, I will too! or What I'm going through can't compare whith SIhoo's then I have to be strong like him! "

      Delete