Jewel of S.Korea

Jewel of S.Korea

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Interview : Super rookies - PARK SI HOO ( Elle : Feb' 08 )

Translation by : SmileHoo/parksihoo.com, thank you!
Thai translation : http://parksihoointhai.blogspot.com/2012/07/park-si-hoo-elle-2008.html



And the Challenge Still Goes On, Park Sihoo 

An actor came up onto the position of everybody’s prince leaving the rugged popular word “So it is?” And the person is receiving a full-fledged spotlight in ten years after debut having been cast in the current hot-item drama . Do you wonder who this man is? It is Park Sihoo. Different from the first impression delicate and sharp, he is the cheerful kind of guy who pays a compliment to a staff member, gets a meal for a tired reporter, and says a gag, “As you are very concerned about workout and wellbeing, guess you may be live long.”

Q: Before debut, you might have had a fantasy for the job of actor? How was it in reality?

A: For the first time, I thought of it very loosely. Once you start, you are at once onto the TV and make somebody yourself, I imagined. But longer and longer, I found I felt harder and farther, do you see? Formerly, whenever I went through audition, I shivered. Out of tension, I showed nothing about myself or was daunted because the atmosphere itself was hard. Since incompatible with my temper, would I rather be able to straightforward enter the filmmaking without audition, I even thought to myself. So with no particular view in mind, I called at a small theater, beginning to stand on the stage.

Q: Are you originally a dependent type of guy?

A: For, I have lived single since high school. My father made a livelihood as a fashion model, sometimes doing CF shooting. However, my grandfather objected to it. My home village is somewhere in Buyeo, and the grandfather’s purpose was to pressure his son into managing the house. That’s why my father let us his children do as they please.

Q: Was the house of the scale necessary to be managed?

A: Hmm, hahaha. Do you remember the Korean-style house of a large scale in your old days? Guess what, a wealthy famer’s. Was it a pride? Just now might have been some kind of a boast indirectly, hahaha. Anyway, as it has been so old one, he takes care of it all the time.

Q: When you were young, what kind of student were you?

A: I was quiet. I distasted being in front of people and was mostly alone. While comrades were all playing soccer, I was over there doing chin-ups and parallel bars by myself to just build the body, just thinking to myself, why don’t you build your body rather than running around under the burning sun.

Q: Then, didn’t they your comrades mind your such doing in boy’s school?

A: Nay, if anything. I was rather popular, for some reason or other. Oh, this might have been another boast.

Q: As handsome as you are enough to be talked about in the vicinity, didn't the girls quest after you?

A: Well again, how should I talk about it? If I talk, then another boast it might be, hahaha.

Q: So you mean, you were not a favorite with them?

A: Hm, I was not so much on the disfavored side. Perhaps, as much as they know the number of my shoe chest...

Q: Yes, so you are.

A: Hahaha. Hey, hey, I say I don’t wish to talk about my personal self.

Q: Now, I will give you a break, if you should like to speak on a wonderful tale. What is your philosophy of performance?

A: Running piece after piece, I find myself more enlightened. That is one of the attractions performance has. Harmony with other actors, relationship with directors and still others.., it seems I should learn for lifetime. For that reason, I still have expectation for myself, because I consider there still are many parts that haven’t been shown off. I always dream on, imagining my future image or something.... By any chance, what should my few words of impression be after winning an academy prize? This kind of imagination(?) I once thought up of. But no idea occurred to me at all at the time.

Q. You did have such imagination? It’s Internet news item, ‘Park Sihoo Practices his Award Winning Feedback at Home.’

A: So it is. So now that you mention it, an interview is really difficult. Even this tiny little one doesn’t fail to be noticed, you know, according to the trend these days. For instance, they get to deal with dress stuff, shoes stuff, and what have you.

Q: While you in film-making, I saw you looking concerned a lot for dress. Is there any item you regret after buy?

A: I often buy headgear. I have 50 pieces of them piled up at home. The problem is, I use only few of them that are always put on. I feel good and at ease in this style of wear for the first time in a while, different from that in drama where I almost always wear full dress.

Q: You did look nice in those full dresses.

A: Hm, thank you. Hahaha.

Q: Silence and no response for about 30 seconds, and will you boast about yourself? Like the words, “I am the person of some figure.”

http://www.parksihoo.com, thank you!
http://www.elle.co.kr/people, thank you!

3 comments:

  1. In this interview, they called PSH " a rookie for Korean TV drama " and this year 2013 he has been called " a rookie of Korean movie " again. It takes him 5 years to start his debut movie after building up himself in a small screen for almost 5 years.That's really show the kind of person he is. Slow but steady... Good luck Park Si Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Si Hoo was engaged in a movie earlier, but that had never been finished for probably money reasons.
    Si Hoo always told of himself. I'm for the marathon, not for the sprint. His acting career mirrors strongly with his personality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a man who you really can believe his words! That's why we love & believe in him. He always say what's in his mind!

    ReplyDelete